How old is your laptop?

EDIT: Scroll down to the end of the comments to see the analysis of the data collected here!

Following a little discussion I had in the comments of another forum post, I got curious about how long people usually keep their laptops for.

How old is your laptop?

This may be a little skewed because people here usually are tech enthusiasts and therefore might change more often than most (or maybe actually keep them longer because we take care of them more?)
    I'm specifying laptops because they're usually (and more and more recently) non-upgradeable or at least very limited in what can be done to them. It's a lot harder to track how old a desktop is when you've changed a bunch of parts over the years. But feel free to also vote if your desktop is still as it was when you bought it.

How old is your laptop?

Mine is 4-5 years old. Bought it in the spring of 2013.
    Sony Vaio Pro 13 came with Win8.1 and then got the upgrade to Win10. Right after that, Sony sold of the Vaio brand and support started dying off. It was still a great laptop though.
    The touchscreen died shortly after updating to Win10 and the trackpad is very unreliable. I still use it but have to carry a mouse around.
    It’s due for retirement in 2018, I’ll most likely go for a desktop and tablet to replace it though.

How old is your laptop?

Dell XPS M1330 since 2008. It does have upgrades over the years to make it more bearable that include 256 GB SSD, 6 GB of RAM, and a WiFi ac card. Youtube at 1080p is like a sideshow. But it’s running Windows 10 like a champ. I am waiting for the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen with OLED.

How old is your laptop?

Lenovo Y580 core i7 GTX 660M—- Mfg date 12/08/17
    An architect here and had my eyes on Macbook pro 15" back there but the Lenovo offer more at lower price.
    Still running 3dmax & Vray like a champ with original component and I think it can last until the SurfaceBook Pro show up it able to render all this scene in 3-5 mins which still bearable. (first draft)