Password Managers and the iCloud Loophole

Hey Nilay and Walt,
    On the latest podcast you talk a bit about the third party doctrine, which effectively waives your right to privacy if you entrust your data to a third party service (I'm paraphrasing).

This got me thinking about password management services like 1Password, Dashlane, LastPass, and others.

Does using these services mean that I am ceding any right to privacy for things like my bank account login, Google Account, or other bits of important data to the government, should they decide they want to access them?

Follow up question: Even though these services advertise strong encryption, are they required to maintain a "key" to my account and backdoor for government agencies, the same way other tech companies are. Do you know of any instances of these services being subpoenaed?

Hey Nilay and Walt,
    On the latest podcast you talk a bit about the third party doctrine, which effectively waives your right to privacy if you entrust your data to a third party service (I'm paraphrasing).
    This got me thinking about password management services like 1Password, Dashlane, LastPass, and others.
    Does using these services mean that I am ceding any right to privacy for things like my bank account login, Google Account, or other bits of important data to the government, should they decide they want to access them?
    Follow up question: Even though these services advertise strong encryption, are they required to maintain a "key" to my account and backdoor for government agencies, the same way other tech companies are. Do you know of any instances of these services being subpoenaed?