Sony Alpha a7, good buy?

I've finally gotten a little tired of my Sony RX100 mkii and am ready to jump into the interchangeable-lens part of the pool.
    I'm looking at the Sony Alpha line, and the second generations of Alpha a7 (regular, R and S) are quite a bit over-budget for me.
    How big of an improvement will the 1st gen. Alpha a7 be over my RX100? I've played a bit with one in a store but hard to get a proper feel without taking it outside, and I know noone with one I could borrow.

Sony Alpha a7, good buy?

I own zero lenses so I have no attachment to any brand but I do like how the RX100 worked and expect to to find a similar setup on the a7.
    I also don't know a lot about the lens situation for Sony cameras. Will I still have a decent choice and variety of "affordable" lenses I can buy?
    The kit I'm looking at right now is a little under $1000 for the a7 with a 28-70mm. It's used but from a reputable seller and is listed as "Like New".

Sony Alpha a7, good buy?

Are you look at the A7, S or R? How important is video to you? What about resolution? What do you like the shoot and plan to shoot? One question to ask, do I really need full frame, or can I do fine with aps-c camera. If so, I’d also look at the Sony A6300, which is really fast camera, with very good high iso(for it’s class) and it’s smaller and lighter than the A7. Plus, I think lenses maybe a bit more affordable, though you may have less wide angle options than FF E mount cameras.

Sony Alpha a7, good buy?

I’m looking at the regular a7, the other too are quite the price hike.
    I like to shoot people, buildings, street photography basically. Occasionally I try my hand at long exposure, light painting, timelapses. I also want to try a few things that my RX100 can’t do like lens-tilt, macro and eventually I’m looking at more specific lenses like super wide or telephoto (I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it, but I still want to be on the right path).

Sony Alpha a7, good buy?

I shoot quite a bit in the evening, low-light so I think I’d prefer full frame. And size isn’t so much of a concern, I can still use my RX100 if I’m limited in that regard.
    Video I’m not really very interested in, I might use it occasionally but I wouldn’t base my decision around it.
    If I go for a Fuji, are their lenses compatible with other brands?

content from reference site