(cool story bro) I like Bing

I was nervous, finding information is often important to my work; and after more than 10 years I had come to trust the relationship between my search methodology and Google's responses. I had also read so much bad stuff about Bing, starting with its silly name through to only being useful in the USA.

First I test switched to Bing on my work desktop. It felt quicker there to be able to repeat the search in Google if I didn't trust the result. Initially I did not like the web results or the news search but what did win me over was image search on Bing.

So after image search next I started appreciating the video search interface and then switched my laptop to Bing. It was a gradual mental process and perhaps my methodology shifted but I came to observe that web results did return what I was looking for even if it was not exactly the same sites or order of sites.

Letting go of comparing the order of results was the turning point. It may seem obvious but the actual goal here is finding information, not that a results window looks the same. How often is that your real comparison?

There are rare occasions where I seek a second search opinion when I don't find what I am looking for. I still use Google Maps when I am measuring a distance between two places - once or twice a year.
    I do view content on YouTube and breaking that I think at this time is a near impossible task. If the content is there and nowhere else....
    Of course if I am placing something on the web and want it found I make sure it is known to Google.
    Also ironically perhaps, at work on Windows I use Chrome, Firefox is too slow. I also do use Chrome on my Mac if I am uploading to YouTube as it has a resume feature not available on Safari.