Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Whoa!!!

Wow...just wow...This game is crazy. And huge. So freaking huge!

I'm 20 hours in and I'm still getting lost on these Titans. Here's my breakdown of Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

First, this game is not for those who want something they can play in very small chunks. It is a pretty deep JRPG and requires/seizures your attention for long periods of time. To get the most from this title you must devote some time to learning it's ins and outs.

Over the course of the first 10+ hours, you're going to have information feed to you. Most importantly, those involving combat. Clicking through these tutoriorls because you think you understand will result in you promptly being destroyed by your enemies.

The world of Alrest feels as though it is literally seeking your utter destruction for any and every failure. Time attacks incorrectly and you may leave your foe with just enough life to lay down a world of hurt upon you.

Regarding combat: It's superb. The learning curve can be steep though. You have such a wealth of options at your diposal that it can overwhelm you. Elements, weapons, directional stances, etc....your mind will be working overtime to figure out what your next step in battlefield should be and you don't have very long to decide.

The HUD during combat is another aspect that can be a bit much. Especially if you were again, the type of person to ignore the tutorials. It is information overload.

Watch your parties health, watch you characters auto attack timing, watch you special abilities, watch your enemies attacks, watch for status changes in the enemies.

Your eyes need to be trained to take this all in and be able to act upon it in an instance.

The amount of damage you can deliver is huge if you are prepared. It can greatly reduced the amount of time your fighting an opponent.

As I mentioned earlier, the world of Xenoblade is humongous! It makes the land of Hyrule in BotW look downright bleak and empty. Towns are full of people and feel alive with activity. So many shops to spend your money on to prepare for combat. Numerous NPCs to speak with to not only learn about this world, but also what's happening in it and actually advancing it's abilities to assist you later.

Outside of the towns, the landscape is simply beautiful. The areas vary greatly from lush jungles to sandy deserts. Branching paths usually reward you for simply exploring.