Generate eye pleasing photo gallery from directory

Hey gang! I'm Dan and I'm new here. I'm also excited to attempt to add a new feature to my website. The problem is I haven't written any code in a long long time and truthfully I was really only ever a hack at best when I did. Thanks to software like Dreamweaver and some widgets over a year ago I managed to create what I feel is a decent site.

I make knives...My website revolves around my knife making. I want to add a feature on my site - a Work In Progress (WIP) page - which is to be nothing much more than a page where I can display some photos. Maybe implement a lightbox or something? Here's the catch, while I'm in the knife shop working, I often take photos with my phone and send them to customers as an update on their knife build. In an effort to streamline things, I would very much like to upload these photos directly from my phone to my website where they are then automatically displayed on the Work In Progress html page.

I've spent the last 4 days reading through tutorials and trying to understand sample code offered online. Sadly, I'm struggling desperately... Could somebody hold my hand through this one? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Basically, I have a server side directory (images/WIP) which I remotely upload .jpg files to using my mobile phone. I also have an html page created which is basically just a blank page aside from some general features which mate it to the rest of the pages on my site (background, heading, ect.). After this, I'm lost. Where do I begin...?

Well....Mostly. It's not quite a light box or rotating banner. It's just a simple gallery. It'll do for now I suppose.

content from reference site