Protecting your work on multi-author blog site

Hello,
    I'm looking for some advice on best methods of using copyright on a multi-blog site. Basically, I'm working with a team to set up a local musicians' news site that will have 6+ bloggers on it. One of the bloggers has brought up the concern of making sure her work is copyrighted, and while I want to make sure everyone is protected, I am just looking for the best method. For instance, the Verge here, which is blogged the same way my site would be, does not have "Copyright C 2012 Joshua Topolsky" at the end of each of his articles, even though I assume he owns the rights to them?

Does anyone here have experience with doing anything like this, or know the proper sites where I could gain more information?

Copyright is automatic, however I think The Verge, because it’s a job for these writers, takes ownership of their work. Even when they leave, The Verge still owns all the content the person made while working there. Otherwise, the person is simply being paid to make content for themselves and, when they leave, could demand the content be removed, which isn’t good when you rely on Reviews to be available forever.

Absolutely right. You do not need to do anything to retain copyright of your own work. In the case of your bloggers, they will own the copyright to their work.

You need to see an attorney and draw up some contracts and licenses. There is a real question as to who owns the copyright for each work: the artists? The blog? The blog’s members? Owners? When you do work for someone else (like posting your work to a blog), your copyright can be called into question.

content from reference site